Sunday, April 08, 2007

Hala's Snow passion goes Global

Today, while I was sorting out tons of links and bookmarks, I discovered that I keep these two email from Cheryl during baw07. They made me feel like I am really smelling and touching snow not ( It is boiling now here).

Sat, 20 Jan 2007 00:16:06 -0000
Dearest Hala,
Snow has a distinct smell right before it falls from the sky. In
Maine, there are many days and evenings prior to a snowstorm that one
can step outside and smell the snow in the air. Have you ever smelt
rain prior to the storm? Well, the best way to describe snow before a
storm is that is is about 30 degrees F colder, and the smell is crisp.
I just checked my freezer smell and while it doesn't mimic the true
smell, there is a correlation, minus the food smells.
Hope that helps. Hala, I will catch a snowflake on my tongue and taste
it for you!
Taste of snow description much later,

Cheryl Oakes, Maine USA

To: baw07@yahoogroups.com
Sat, 03 Feb 2007 00:38:42 -0000
To Hala the poet and artist with words.
Hala your words are always so descriptive and full of emotion.
I see you face and hear your words by the way you write!
Keep making our threads personal.
It makes me think about how I am writing messages to people.
In the middle of a blizzard.

Cheryl, snowstorm in Maine. USA

No comments: